Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fried cheese balls

My mother in law gives me lots of fresh cheese every month. We rarely eat it all so I use it when I cook instead.Today I had an urge to make cheese balls and so I did. it turned out wonderfully! It's extremely easy to make and a prefect snack. Don' mind the calories though *lol*

 

Fried cheeseballs (makes 20)

2½ cup grated fresh white cheese (queijo mineiro)

1tbsp Cheddar soft cheese (or other flavor)

salt and pepper

chili sauce

garlic sauce/dressing

1 egg

bread crumbs mixed with flour

Mix the cheese in a blender, add chili sauce, garlic sauce and salt and pepper.  Stir in the soft cheese, preferably work the cheese with your hands so that it becomes like a dough.

Use a teaspoon as measurement and shape into small balls.  Beat the egg lightly, roll the cheese balls in it and roll in breadcrumbs. Fry until golden brown and serve immediately.

6 comments:

Kennedy & Friends Co. said...

neat blog! i'm from brazil. check out the brazilian strogonofff recipe i posted on my blog. it is so easy to make

jeena said...

Hi there my name is Jeena and I have started a food recipe forum that I thought you would like to join here Click here for food recipe forum

I would love to see you on there to chat about food and cooking you can talk about anything you like and start your very own topics. :-)
or see my main food recipe website Jeenas food recipe site

Hope to see you soon

Thanks

Jeena x

insane scribbler said...

Hi,
Saikat from BlogsJam here.
Wanted to email you, but could not locate your email address on the
blog. we have 2 cool widgets ( a slideshow widget and a content widget
) which can help enhance site interaction and reader's experience. pl contact me at saibose@gmail.com so that i can send you the slideshow widget for your blog.

thx-Saikat

jj said...

These sound fantastic, thank you!

Shelly said...

Wow, I was browsing the foodie blog roll tonight and came across your fantastic blog! This recipe looks delicous! I am always looking to try something new.

Reeni said...

I love cheese! Deep-fried! How could you go wrong! yummy!